We are looking for a “can-do” type to join our team as Public Programs Coordinator (PPA). Based at our Los Angeles campus in Historic Filipinotown, our PPA will support the curatorial, logistical, operational and technical initiatives relating to film and conversation centric events dedicated to showcasing inclusive cinema on ARRAY’s Creative Campus and beyond. If you are familiar with the term “elbow grease” and know how to apply that to a work environment, then ARRAY might be the place for you.
- Work under the direction of the SVP of Public Programming to realize the seamless execution of ARRAY’s film-based programming initiatives.
- Maintain ARRAY’s programming schedule and lead administrative duties.
- Communicate updates to ARRAY staff and track our internal calendar.
- Maintain the public programming archive of event materials and marketing assets.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with a variety of vendors.
- Identify and host filmmakers, production professionals, scholars and other experts to introduce andparticipate in ARRAY programs as needed.
- Coordinate travel and accommodations for program guests as needed.
- Draft run of shows and potential questions for conversation-based events.
- Collect and maintain files for guest bios, headshots and film materials.
- Learn and assist with managing event ticketing platforms and virtual event platforms and digital theater projection systems.
- Track and communicate status of event RSVPS/tickets.
- Draft promotional copy for event calendars, websites, publications or other media to promote programming events.
- Assist with ensuring COVID safety protocols are being upheld for vendors and attendees during events.
- Generate post-event recap reports that illustrate the scope of each event.
- Actively engage in team and companywide meetings to facilitate flow of programming information and plans.
- Maintain ongoing, active professional relationships with program partners, distributors, and key members in the film community.
- Engage and collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders, including internal staff, industry experts, audience members and external partners.
- Work as part of a team to brainstorm and activate any programmatic activations.
- Must love films and have knowledge of filmmakers of all kinds as well as the film industry.
- A minimum of 2-4 years work experience preferably in a film festival, special events, TV/film
production/studio, non-profit or museum environment.
- Previous history of full-time work experience required.
- Solid strategic planning, organizational, and project management skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, superior presentation skills, and sound
- Interest in advocating inclusive representation of underrepresented communities in front of and
behind the camera.
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, creative, collaborative, and nimble environment.
- Proactive, results oriented approach to assigned projects.
ARRAY is a multi-platform arts and social impact collective dedicated to narrative change. The organization catalyzes its work through a quartet of mission-driven entities: the film distribution arm ARRAY Releasing, the content company ARRAY Filmworks, the programming and production hub ARRAY Creative Campus and the non-profit group ARRAY Alliance. www.ARRAYnow.com.
For consideration, please kindly submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
*Due to a high volume of incoming submissions, we will only respond to potential candidates under review.